Slytherin cupcake recipe - Harry Potter
Hello Potterheads. Here is a recipe shared by our partner Lene. Discover all of its delicious recipes on his blog here
For this recipe, Lene used green food coloring for her Slytherin house. But don't hesitate to use blue or red food coloring if your house is Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. If you are a Hufflepuff (I removed "from"), she advises you to remove the cocoa powder from the recipe, and add yellow food coloring.
All the ingredients are listed below. You can get the Harry Potter crates here
Ingredients (12 cupcakes)
- 2 salad bowls
- 100 g butter at room temperature
- 125 g sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs, size M / L, at room temperature
- 160 g sour cream (or heavy cream)
- ½ teaspoon of food coloring (green, blue, red or yellow)
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (do not add if you choose yellow)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Icing sugar to sprinkle at the end
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and put Harry Potter crates in the cupcake pan.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar. Whisk until the mixture becomes liquid and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, then the sour (or thick) cream and the food coloring together.
- Mix the cornstarch, cocoa, yeast and baking soda in the second bowl.
- Incorporate everything in the first bowl and mix well with your whisk.
Do not beat to avoid having cupcakes with a very dense or compact texture.
- Pour the dough into the boxes. Bake for about 20-22 min. Plant a knife blade in the heart of the cake to check for doneness. The blade should come out dry.
- Let cool well, out of the oven for 5 mins, then unmold. Leave to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Finally sprinkle the powdered sugar and add the flags of your Hogwarts house.